Course teachers: Tomislav Staroveski, Danko Brezak
Course objectives: Introduction to signals (analog and digital) used in manufacturing systems. Industrial networks and communication systems – wired and wireless networks used for integration of different machine components with its control system, as well as for interconnection of multiple machines and/or manufacturing systems. Characteristics of different types of sensors used in the manufacturing systems (machine vision, force, pressure, temperature, acceleration, acoustic emission, position and velocity measuring, etc.). Programmable logic controllers – interfaces for communication and control, programming, applications. Computer numerical control (CNC) systems of machine tools – elements of CNC system, types of electromotors and drives used in manufacturing systems, control loop configurations and controller parameters adjustment, real-time control. Direct and indirect monitoring systems – characteristics, applications, advantages/disadvantages.
Expected learning outcomes:
• To identify and chose suitable type of industrial communication system
• To choose and implement adequate industrial sensors
• To choose and implement programmable logic controllers
• To compare different types of servo-systems
• To tune parameters of P-I-D type of controllers
• To integrate servo-systems and monitoring modules into an advanced CNC system.